Before you head off on holiday, read our tips to keep your home safe and reduce your risk of burglary.
- Touch base with your insurance broker to make sure you’re adequately covered. Take photos of your valuables and keep a record of the details in a handy place. This helps recover items in the event they’re stolen and you need to make an insurance claim.
- Only tell trusted family and friends your holiday plans and don’t advertise your absence on social media.
- Make your property less of a target by ensuring all windows, doors, cars and gates are locked. Draw curtains and turn on the alarm if you have one.
- Lock up and put away anything that might give intruders access to your house e.g. tools, gardening equipment, ladders.
- Don’t leave valuable items lying around outside such as bikes, tools and children’s toys.
- Get someone to collect your mail or have the post office collect it.
Phoenix Insurance Brokers wishes all our clients a safe and happy holiday season. Even though it's a busy time of year, don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss your home and contents insurance. You might be very glad you did.