Precautionary Measures for COVID-19
A message from David White, Managing Director
On behalf of Phoenix Insurance Brokers, I am writing to you in light of the continuing developments around the COVID-19 coronavirus.
We are committed to managing our response in line with Government advice, our own Business Continuity Plan and emerging best practice as the situation unfolds. Our commitment is to the safety of our people so that we can make sure our business continues to help you with your insurance broking and claims needs.
What we are doing
- We have reviewed our Business Continuity Plan and can operate our business with all staff working from home if required, there may be a slight delay in some response times if we have to adjust to working from home, but expect normal service levels to return promptly.
- We have cancelled all non-essential business trips.
- We are working with all team members to monitor symptoms and enacting self-quarantine measures if symptoms present themselves.
- Where possible we are redirecting face to face meetings to secure tele/video conference systems.
Temporary ban on attendance at external events, such as training, seminars or large group gatherings.
What we are asking of you
- For the next few weeks you will see less of us physically, however we are committed to continuing to deliver a high quality service to you via other means. As a result please limit any requests for non-essential in-person meetings. Our people are eager to serve and may feel obliged.
- Please contact us if you wish to visit our offices so that we can advise you what is possible, particularly if you have travelled overseas within the last 14 days.
We appreciate that some of these steps may inconvenience you and we apologise for that in advance. The situation is changing daily and we are very aware that containment will require the concerted effort across the community.
We will be continuously monitoring the situation as it unfolds and will keep you updated should our approach change.
We are receiving a lot of good information on COVID-19 from our partners and the wider business community and have attached two that we feel provide a balanced view, one from LMI Group and the other from Clayton Utz, we recommend that you review both as they provide excellent overall information, including solid information on the potential limited application of insurance products.
If you have any questions on your insurance program, or require quotes etc, please continue to call our offices as normal.
David White, Managing Director
Phoenix Insurance Brokers