At Phoenix, we know you’ve worked hard to grow your business. We also know if your plant and equipment are out of action for any reason, your business is out of action too.
Your machinery and equipment require specialised insurance cover and an equipment and plant insurance broker to provide it.
In partnership with one of Australia’s leading contractor equipment and plant insurance brokers, your local Phoenix Insurance Broker can tailor a package to suit your business’ individual needs.
Phoenix Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd are a Western Australian Insurance Broker with over 30 years’ experience offering insurance protection. Over time, we’ve developed an understanding and expertise in the specific insurance needs of your business area.
Plant and Equipment Insurance FAQs
Plant and Equipment Insurance provides cover for static and mobile plant equipment, road risk liability and broad form public and products liability for businesses within the mining, excavating/earth moving, crane hire, concreting and/or related industries.
This type of cover:
• Can combine material damage, road risk liability and public liability together in three sections
• Can insure single items up to a fleet of plant equipment
• Can insure plant equipment such as cranes, excavators, concreting equipment, forklifts, farming machinery, tippers, trailers, trucks and lifting equipment etc
• Road risk liability can only be offered if the plant item is registered
• Optional extensions of cover can also be arranged, for example, Consequential Loss (loss of income due to damage of a vehicle), Breakdown Cover etc.
Typical exclusions to a Plant and Equipment Insurance policy can include:
• Electrical or mechanical breakdown
• Loss of or damage to replaceable parts such as drills, saw blades, dies, moulds, patterns, cables etc.
• Loss or damage if plant or equipment is hired out (unless otherwise agreed)
• Underground damage
• Wear and tear, corrosion, oxidisation
• Loss or damage that could have been corrected by normal maintenance
• Loss or damage that is a manufacturer’s liability.
Understanding what is included in your Plant and Equipment Insurance policy and more importantly, what is not included, can be a complicated process, but your local Phoenix plant insurance broker specialist can explain all the intricacies of this type of insurance and ensure you understand what you are protecting to minimise your commercial risk.
Damage, loss or theft of expensive equipment and machinery could be catastrophic for a construction contracting business because these items usually represent a very large investment. It’s therefore important to have plant machinery insurance in place. But how much does it cost?
There are many factors to consider when it comes to the cost of plant machinery insurance. For example, do you own your equipment outright or is it hired? What is the age of the equipment, and what is it used for? These are all important considerations to consider when costing plant machinery insurance.
Added to this, there is a great deal of variance amongst policies regarding the sum insured. Some insurers will impose true market value as the sum insured. Others provide a replacement value for a limited period of time or offer depreciated value. Plant, machinery, equipment, and tools provisions can also include options for both on-site and off-site losses.
It’s a complex area. That’s why you need to engage the services of a Plant and Equipment Insurance specialist who can give expert advice, personal service and down-to-earth guidance. Your Phoenix Insurance Broker can assist you with all areas of Plant and Equipment insurance especially understanding the costs.