As an agricultural business, you need to make sure you have the right insurance in place to protect your farm, crops and livestock. You also need to ensure that your farm machinery and equipment are covered in case of damage or theft.
Farm insurance brokers are experienced in dealing with the unique risks faced by the agriculture industry and can provide you with tailored insurance solutions to meet your business’s specific needs.
By working with Phoenix Insurance Brokers, you can be confident that you have the right level of protection in place for your agriculture business.
Finding The Right Commercial Farm Insurance Policy
At Phoenix Insurance Brokers, we understand the unique risks and issues faced by farmers on a daily basis. We have been supporting WA’s rural communities and farms for more than two decades, and our farm insurance brokers are experts in providing farm insurance cover that’s right for you.
Commercial farm insurance is designed to protect farmers from financial losses for a range of risks, including damage to farm machinery, loss of crops, and liability for injury to employees or the public. Whether you need to insure your farm buildings, contents, machinery, fencing or hay, we can tailor a policy to suit your needs.
Commercial Farm Insurance Policy Coverage
Farm insurance policies can cover a range of different risks, from property damage and liability, to crop loss and livestock insurance. Depending on the size of your farm and the types of risks you face, your farm insurance policy could include a number of different coverage options.
If you’re a farm owner, you should consider an insurance solution that provides cover for a range of risks, such as:
Commercial Farm Property Protection
We understand that your farm property is essential to your livelihood. That’s why we offer comprehensive commercial farm property insurance to safeguard your buildings, contents, machinery, fencing, hay and livestock in the event of a fire or defined event like storm damage.
Home And Contents Insurance
Home and contents insurance is an important consideration for farm families. To keep your family home and contents protected, consider the inclusion of home and contents insurance when taking out a policy. In the event that your family home is damaged or destroyed by fire, flooding or other events, your home and contents insurance will give you peace of mind knowing that you are covered.
To protect your domestic property as well as your farm operations, speak to an experienced local broker today.
Commercial Farm Liability Cover
Farm Liability Insurance provides protection for your farm against claims for accidental property damage or personal injury that may occur on your property. Public liability insurance protects you from insurance claims made by the public, employees, or visitors to your farm.
So whether you’re operating a large farm or a small family farm, don’t risk going without this important coverage.
Farm Machinery Insurance
If you run a farm, then you know how important it is to have functioning machinery and equipment. From tractors to combines, this equipment is essential to your farming activities. This coverage will help to cover the cost of repairs or replacement in the event of a breakdown, safeguarding your farm against unexpected expenses.
So if you want to protect your farm’s finances, be sure to include farm machinery breakdown insurance in your policy.
Speak To A Commercial Farm Insurance Broker
Phoenix Insurance Brokers understand the unique risks that farmers face. Contact us to review your current level of cover. Or call (08) 9367 7399 to speak to an experienced insurance broker about insuring your farm.
Commercial Farm Insurance FAQs
Farm insurance is a type of business insurance that helps protect farmers from potential financial losses, and provides coverage for property, liability, and other risks faced by farmers. It can include:
- Farm property cover: can help protect the physical buildings and structures on a farm, as well as the crops and livestock insurance.
- Farm liability coverage: can help protect farmers from being held liable for injuries or damages that occur on their property.
- Machinery breakdown cover: can help cover the cost of repairs to farm equipment that breaks down due to normal wear and tear.
- Farm vehicle coverage: can help protect farm vehicles from damages caused by collisions or other accidents.
- Home and contents cover: can help protect the belongings inside a farmer’s home, such as furniture, appliances, and clothing.
- Business interruption: Some policies may also cover lost income if a farmer is unable to work due to an injury or illness.
Commercial farm insurance can help provide peace of mind and financial security for farmers in the event of an unforeseen loss.
There are a variety of accidents and damage that can occur on a farm, which is why farm liability insurance is so important. A few examples of claims that may be covered under your farm liability insurance:
- Accidents that occur on your property that result in bodily injury. For example, a slip and fall accident where a visitor is injured at your farm.
- Accidents that occur off your property but are related to your business operations. For example, if you damage someone’s vehicle while you are transporting produce.
- Property damage to a third party. For example, if your farm animals escape and cause damage to a neighbour’s property or fencing.
- Property damage or accidents caused by negligence. For example, if you didn’t take reasonable care to prevent an accident from happening, then you would be liable for any damage or injury that resulted.
If you are sued as a result of any of the above, your farm liability insurance policy would pay for your legal costs, medical bills and any damages that are awarded against you up to the limit of your policy.
At Phoenix Insurance Brokers we work with a wide range of farm sizes, from hobby farms and small working farms to large commercial farming operations. We understand that each farm has its own unique needs, and we tailor our coverage options to provide the best possible protection.
Commercial farm insurance is designed for farms and businesses that are involved in the food production and agricultural industry. There are a variety of different types of farming businesses that are covered under commercial farm insurance, including beef and dairy farms, cereal and grain, vineyards, fruit and vegetable, and sheep farms.
Each type of farm has its own unique set of risks that need to be covered by insurance. For example:
- Beef farms may be at risk for livestock theft or disease.
- Dairy farms may be at risk for milk contamination.
- Cereal and grain farms may be at risk for crop loss due to severe weather events, such as storms, drought or floods.
- Fruit and vegetable farms may be at risk for pest infestation.
By having commercial farm insurance, farmers can protect themselves from a variety of risks and ensure that their business will be able to continue operating in the event of a loss.