When it comes to insuring your fleet or the vehicles you use in your business, Phoenix Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd can work with you to put together the right package for your commercial vehicle insurance needs. As no two businesses are exactly alike, your Phoenix Insurance Broker will assess your commercial vehicle insurance needs and tailor a comprehensive policy to suit.
We have access to a range of commercial vehicle insurance policies that will give you the peace of mind your vehicles are protected should the unforeseen occur.
Whether you run a fleet of vehicles or your business uses heavy motor vehicles, motor cycles, cars, utes, trailers, light trucks, transit vehicles or mobile machinery vans, or a mixture of all, Phoenix Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd has the expertise to put the right commercial vehicle insurance package together for your business.
Incidentally, your business can claim the cost of your commercial vehicle insurance premiums as a tax deduction if you can prove the insurance relates to your ability to earn an assessable income.
Types of Commercial Vehicle Insurance
The two main types of commercial vehicle insurance are fleet insurance which covers multiple business vehicles and business vehicle insurance which covers individual business vehicles against damage and legal liability.
Any business owner can take out commercial vehicle insurance on their company vehicle, but to qualify for fleet insurance a business must own or lease a certain number of vehicles (usually around 15 or so).
- Phoenix Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd provides flexible cover for all fleet sizes.
- We can tailor products to meet your specific fleet insurance needs with a choice of comprehensive, third-party fire and theft, and third-party cover for each vehicle insured.
- Our service also includes risk and claims management programmes. Our brokers can work on policies for your company to minimise your risk in terms of mobile phone use, fatigue management, drug/alcohol policy etc, and in the event of claim, we will ensure you receive all you are entitled to.
- Phoenix Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd can tailor packages for your specific business vehicle insurance requirements.
- Cover can be applied to all vehicle types.
- Business Vehicle insurance is essential for any company that has vehicles registered under a business name.
Related Business Insurance products
Having the right business insurance policies in place, tailored to your business, will protect you should something go wrong. Phoenix Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd can bundle policies together for you to provide comprehensive cover and cost savings. Here are some other related Business Insurance products we can assist you with:
- Public Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Management Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Plant and Equipment
Frequently Asked Questions
Fleet and Business Vehicle Insurance can cover a range of vehicles for loss, theft, damage and accidents as well as:
• Liability and legal costs for third-party property damage
• Damage sustained while the vehicle is being operated by the policyholder or an authorised driver
• Damage caused during attempted theft of the vehicle
• Damage caused by goods falling from the vehicle or damage caused while the vehicle is being loaded or unloaded
• Replacement vehicle costs
• Repair costs
• Disruption caused to your business due to loss or damage of vehicles
• Reasonable and necessary costs of towing or storing a vehicle when it cannot be driven
• Use of a hire vehicle following an incident or accident.
Exclusions differ between policies but below are some common exclusions to Fleet and Business Vehicle Insurance cover. Your Phoenix Insurance Broker can help you to understand the fine print so there are no surprises and make sure you are aware of circumstances whereby a claim will not be approved. For example:
• Modifications are made to the vehicle by parties other than the manufacturer, not shown on the insurance schedule. Modifications include putting in a more powerful engine or lowering suspension
• Mechanical failure damage or damage due to rust or ‘wear and tear’
• Damage caused because your car was either unsafe or was involved in some sort of race
• Intentional damage
• Damage caused by a driver who is unlicensed or under the influence of alcohol of drugs
• Damage is caused by a driver who is not covered by the insurance policy, or by someone who is using the vehicle without permission
• The vehicle was being used unlawfully
• The vehicle had been rented or borrowed by an employee for personal use
• The driver does not take reasonable care to prevent the vehicle suffering initial or further damage
• The vehicle is carrying an excess load
• Existing damage at the start of a policy
• If the vehicle is lawfully destroyed by an appropriate authority
The premium for your Fleet and Business Vehicle Insurance is based on various factors including:
• Type of vehicles
• Number of vehicles
• Usage – how often vehicles are driven, how far they travel etc
• Your or your employees driving record
• Age of drivers
• Gender – as women statistically have less accidents than men, premiums for women are usually lower
• Your location – the number of thefts in your area is considered as is the amount of local traffic and the road conditions
• Where vehicles are kept – vehicles stored in garage cost less to cover than a car parked in the open due to theft risk.